Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Summer update

It has been quite a while since I posted anything on this blog. We are with excitement and nervous anticipation awaiting the arrival of our second child, pumpkin, due any time now. Since pumpkin decided rather selfishly to arrive on this planet sometime during the fall marathon racing season, this has scuppered any plans I might have had to do some long races this year. So although I have been running quite a bit, it has been fairly informal, without any goal in mind (my running log, should anyone be interested, can be seen here). I have been doing quite a lot of Saturday morning group runs with the Prospect Park Track Club, including last weekend running from Brooklyn to the George Washington Bridge along the Manhattan West Side bike path. I sometimes find it almost joyful to do long runs as part of a group. Running and shared pain is an unbeatable combination. I have also been running during the week in Rockefeller Park (in Westchester County). After running there for several years now, I still get lost from time to time after stumbling into parts of the park I have never encountered before.

During the very rare quiet moment at work, I do dream of leaving the corporate life behind and running bare chested in the mountains to a soundtrack of French hip hop. This is where I hope to be this time next year:

2 comments:

  1. had to stop by, for who doesn't love cheese and beer? So you are busy with the Pumpkin (thought he/she would be named Bratwrst or some such). Congratulations on the newest member of your family...

    ReplyDelete